Service Desk Manager – Maidstone, Kent – £350 – 450 p/day
I am working with a leading organisation slightly north of Maidstone and they are urgently looking for a Service Desk Manager to join the business on a contract basis and be responsible for the day-to-day operation of their service desks.
Ideally anyone applying for the role should be available immediately or on a short notice due to the urgency of the role.
- Provide strong leadership and direction for the team.
- Define and help implement the roadmap for the Service Desk.
- Conduct relevant line management responsibilities for 1st and 2nd line engineers.
- Deliver 1st class Service Desk services within appropriate SLAs.
- Ensure a high level of customer service is delivered by the teams
- Build strong relationships with other IT teams and with the rest of the business.
- Conduct effective resource planning and forecasting in order to ensure the teams are appropriately staffed.
- Help develop and improve operational processes and identify areas for service or process improvement.
- Help with the development and improvement of the Major Incident Management process.
- Make sure escalations and complaints are resolved effectively and escalate issues where necessary to the relevant point of contact.
- Make sure appropriate processes and procedures are in place to maintain a high level of service and support.
- Ensure Quality Analysis is carried out and ensure effective performance management is in place within the team.
- 4 + years experience of direct line management
- Strong technical skills and hands-on management background
- Extensive experience in a technical support role to second line or higher level
- Demonstrable experience managing KPIs and SLAs
- Worked within ITIL aligned processes
- Proven experience of successful process implementation/improvement initiatives
In line with the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies JNC Recruitment are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies JNC Recruitment are acting as an Employment Business.